Intergers (Post #1)
Hi Everyone,
Growing up some parts of mathematics were very frustrating because I found there were so many moving parts. I figured memorizing equations seemed like the fastest and simplest way to get by in my math classes, as we all know this is not the case.
Even while trying to identify a topic to discuss on this platform I struggled and wondered what would be my goal as an elementary school teacher for my students to walk away with? I have found the first step would be to get students to understand the meanings behind equations and techniques. Here is a video on adding and subtracting integers (negative and positive numbers), which I stumbled on many times during my younger grades. This video gives a nice break down of rules to remember and a break down of how to visualize integers when adding and subtracting!
Growing up some parts of mathematics were very frustrating because I found there were so many moving parts. I figured memorizing equations seemed like the fastest and simplest way to get by in my math classes, as we all know this is not the case.
Even while trying to identify a topic to discuss on this platform I struggled and wondered what would be my goal as an elementary school teacher for my students to walk away with? I have found the first step would be to get students to understand the meanings behind equations and techniques. Here is a video on adding and subtracting integers (negative and positive numbers), which I stumbled on many times during my younger grades. This video gives a nice break down of rules to remember and a break down of how to visualize integers when adding and subtracting!
Comments
Post a Comment